Dental implants are natural looking dental prosthetics that can replace one or a number of missing teeth, but why get dental implants? Here, our Surrey dentist explains more.
Missing teeth can cause a number of oral health issues. The loss of even a single tooth can lead the remaining teeth to become loose, shifting out of place and possibly causing further tooth loss or gum problems.
Fortunately, if you have missing teeth dental implants could help you to avoid further oral health problems. Here are a few reasons why dental implants might be a good tooth replacement option for you:
- Dental implants make eating easier. With implant-supported dentures you won't have to worry about your denture or bridge sliding or moving while you eat. They function just like your own teeth, so that you can comfortably and confidently continue eating all of your favourite foods.
- Dental implants can help you to improve your speech. As with eating, poor fitting conventional dentures can slip and move which may cause you to slur your words or mumble. Dental implants allow you to speak with confidence and enunciate words perfectly.
- Dental implants feel, look and function just like your natural teeth! Because dental implants are designed to fuse with bone, they are a permanent way to replace missing teeth and restore your smile.
- No more removing dentures and bridges for cleaning, dental implants become part of you. Just care for your implant supported crowns, bridge or dentures as you would your natural teeth.
- Dental implants can help you to improve your oral health. Nearby teeth are do not need to be altered in order to support the implant. That means, more of your natural teeth are left intact, which can help in improving your long-term oral health.
- Single tooth implants help to improve your oral health since, like your natural teeth, there is room between the implant and the surrounding teeth, this space allows for daily flossing.
- Dental implants are durable! With proper care, your dental implants could last you a lifetime.
- Dental implants can help to restore your confidence. These natural looking tooth replacements can give you the confidence to smile again!