Throughout your Invisalign treatment you'll want to keep your aligners clean and clear. Here's how to keep your aligners in tip top condition.
Invisalign orthodontic aligners are almost invisible and removable, making them an ideal orthodontic treatment choice for people with busy lifestyles.
Keeping your aligners clean, clear, and in tip top is easy too! Just follow these easy steps.
To avoid accidentally damaging your aligners, store them in their handy case whenever you remove them.
Rinse your aligners under warm water or gently clean them with mild soap a soft toothbrush before returning them to your mouth, after brushing and flossing your teeth.
You can use the Invisalign® cleaning system daily to help keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear. The special Invisalign cleaning crystals can help to remove plaque from your aligners in as little as fifteen minutes.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Place the aligners into the cleaning container and fill with warm water.
- Add one packet of the Invisalign cleaning crystals then gently shake for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners in the solution for 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently shake once more.
- Remove aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot) and return them to your mouth.
Heat can cause the thin clear plastic to warp, so remember not to use hot water when cleaning your aligners. Once you're done cleaning your aligners take a few seconds to rinse out your aligner holder too.